The last week of 2011. That seems so very strange to say, afterall so much has happened this year, it seems almost surreal that it is ending. HOWEVER, I am not sorry to see it go. 2012 will bring challenges, to be certain, and also amazing..wonderful..fantastic changes that I am more than ready for!!
So, I thought I would break down the highlights of 2011 with a “TOP 11 moments that made me go hmmm…” so here they are:
11. Moving across country from Virginia to Kansas
10. The love of my life leaving for a Deployment to Iraq
9. Getting LAP-BAND Surgery
8. My oldest starting HIGH SCHOOL, while another is starting KINDERGARTEN
7. My youngest getting rid of his binky, turning TWO and sleeping in a toddler bed. (made a Mom realize that I don’t have a “baby” any longer)
6. Watching my son put the bases on the field at a Royals game
5. My 1st experience with a Tornado siren going off, and heading to the basement.
4. The love of my life COMING HOME from deployment.
3. Reaching my 6th month post-op and having lost 90lbs!!!
2. Buying our 1st Home!!!!
1. Trying on a formal gown for my husbands Military Ball…and fitting into a size 14/16!!!
As I typed this list I realized just how much I really did this year, and a lot on my own. It really opened up my eyes to what I am truly capable of. No excuses, no whining. I CAN do this. The #1 item on my list happened last night when I went ball gown shopping with my husband. May of last year I was wearing a size 24/26 to his OCS formal. It was such an amazing feeling having the sales lady actually tell me the sizes I was trying were too big, and getting smaller dresses. WOW. I had to keep myself from crying. Looking at that girl in the mirror, I realized I was within 15lbs of where I was when I married my wonderful husband..16 years ago this Friday. That made me really feel like I had come a complete 360 from the start of this year. I am not “skinny”. I am not “obese”. I am in between and HEALTHY. I have given myself and my family the gift of years, together, because of the weight I have lost. 328 lbs is where I started 2011, and I am leaving it at 235lbs. 93lbs..GONE. Never coming back!!! As Walt Disney said..”we should Keep Moving Forward..” that is exactly what I intend to do. MOVE Forward. Afterall..there are LOTS of roads near my house I have yet to walk and explore. Happy New Years everyone. Dream big, and become those dreams!!!