I miss Kim. She recently moved a couple of states away from where I live, but thank heavens for social networking, blogs and email! She volunteered to post! You’ll hear from her today & Thursday this week. She’s a young mom of one little girl (whom I LOVE) and loves sitting in the back row of Sunday School (which is why we’re friends!) and we hope to make her a regular here at scalematters. MEET KIM:
At least that’s what I told Weight Watchers I weighed when I signed up. Four weeks later I’m weighing in at two pounds less so I like to tell myself that I did lose those two pounds. Obviously something isn’t working for me on Weight Watchers. I am only doing the online version so I don’t have the pressure (the positive peer kind) of weekly meetings or weigh ins. I asked AB if I could be some sort of guest poster. I am learning a whole lot from the program and I think I could share some of that with you. I think it might also give me some accountability which may help me in the long run as well. Hopefully this relationship will be beneficial to the both of us.
A little about me.
- I love to laugh and smile. The world is sad enough without adding another frown to the mix.
- I like to think I have a good sense of humor.
- I love stories! I love good books, movies and tv shows. (notice the lack of activity in any of those things)
- I’m a creative person but also an impatient one. I can’t stand a sewing project that is going to take me longer than a week. I also have a two year old running around so my little scrap booking items haven’t been touched much since she was born.
- I’m a worrier. Just about anything could keep me up at night. I can think of the worst possible scenarios when my head hits the pillow. I like to plan for the worst and be surprised when it’s better that I thought, or at least prepared for what to do if the worst does happen. Luckily my husband is a talker when his head hits the pillow so that helps me think of other things.
Ten years ago (in high school) I was a size twelve.
When I got married five years ago, I was a size fourteen.
Before I got pregnant the first time I was a size sixteen. I miscarried and couldn’t be told why exactly just different factors that may have contributed to the problem.
When I got pregnant the second time I was a size eighteen.
And now two years later I’m a size twenty. Oh how I miss shopping at more than just three stores in the mall. I weigh basically the same amount I did two years ago but it’s my waist size that bothers me most.
My goal is to be a fourteen again.
A little more immediate goal is to lose weight so I don’t have as high of a chance of miscarrying again. What a painful experience that was.
My goals for this month, talk to a doctor about my weight watchers diet and workouts and see if there is some medical reason I’m not losing. I’m also going to try to live the weight watcher rule about exercise and water consumption better.
Your turn. Tell me your story. Are you on a quest to be healthy? Thinner? A certain weight? What do you want from reading this blog? Motivation? Healthy dinner ideas? A story you can relate to?